Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 2, 2011

HEY, ELEVATOR GUY...

How're you doing, guy standing in the doorway of the elevator, of which I am riding?  Looks like you're having an interesting conversation there.

What's that the guy down the hall you're still talking to saying?  The Lakers hired Mike Brown?  Wow, I thought it would be Rick Adelman.  No, please, don't mind me standing here in the elevator waiting for the doors to close so I can go back to work.  I have all day!

Hey, tell ya what, do you want to borrow my shirt?  I'm just saying, it looks a little cold standing in that doorway, what with the breeze that I'm sure is pouring in from the open doors.  I don't want you to catch pneumonia or a cold or get struck in the face by a claymore mine or anything.  I mean, I'm totally warm standing underneath these fluorescent lights in the elevator.  Please, take it, I insist.

And you know what else, cause I'm feeling generous?  Here's an unopened can of Dr. Pepper for you, in case you get thirsty.  I was going to keep it for myself to drink in my office, but with all the talking you're doing with that guy down the hallway, I bet you're more thirsty that I am.

Uh oh, the alarm in the elevator's going off because the doors have been open for too long.  Don't worry about it, buddy, just keep talking.  Pretend I don't exist...it's cool.

Oh, you're done?  Are you sure?  Cause you didn't get a chance to ask the guy down the hallway how his family is or if your asshole bleaching was worth the money.  Tell ya what, let's push the emergency stop button, pry open these doors, and you can finish up.

It's my pleasure, buddy.  It's your world...I'm just living in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment