Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Things on My Desk - Part 1

This is Walter Sobchak:

He sits on my desk between my phone and my stapler.  You can see a bit of my stapler in the picture.  It's a Swingline...no big deal.  Walter protects me nearly every day from inane and soul-crushing conversations.  Here's an example:

Guy I Don't Want to Talk to: Hey Robert...favor to ask you.
[Note that they call me Robert, which is not really my name]
Robert (Me): What.
[Note that this is not a question, but an attempt to get their ridiculous request out of their mouth so I can get on with my life.]
GIDWTTT: I have a question that I've asked you fourteen times but I've forgotten and need to ask you again.  How do I......[sees Walter Sobchak]...what is that?
 Me: It's Walter Sobchak.
GIDWTTT: Who?
Me: From The Big Lebowski.  The movie.
GIDWTTT: I haven't seen it.
Me: You should.
GIDWTTT: So you have a doll on your desk?
Me: Yes I do.
[Guy walks away]

Seriously, this thing really works.  And he comes with a bowling ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment